Wednesday, September 16, 2009

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra


Funbob here! About a month ago (when Kayne West wasn't that much of a jerk), I went to the movies by myself of course, bought a box of nerds and saw G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. The trailers were action-packed and made me drool. Unfortunately, it didn't surpass my expectation nor did it make me throw up of disgust. It was a "blah" movie.

Channing Tatum (Step Up), who played Duke, as we all know isn't the greatest actor. Although the lead role was given to him, I don't feel he deserved the role. Marlon Wayans (White Chicks, Scary Movies) showed that he could be serious and act unlike someone... But what I enjoyed most of all was two things. A) the action and effects for the most part were awesome and B) Snake Eyes! I think Snake Eyes was the heart and soul of the movie. He had all sorts of internal conflicts (wonder why that sounded so girly? Answer: I'm a chick). Most entertaining of all... his fight scenes! He was super ninja fast and ninja cool. I have to admit I'm pretty obsessed with Snake Eyes.

Oh, gotta run. I have to fix some regular pants my mom got me into high waters...

Directed by: Stephen Sommers
Written by: David Elliot, Paul Lovett, and Stuart Beattie

Cast
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje: as Heavy Duty
Christopher Eccleston: as James McCullen/ Destro
Gregory Fitoussi: as Baron de Cobray
Joseph Gordon-Levitt: as The Doctor/ Rex Lewis
Karolina Kurkova: as Courtney A. Kreiger/ Covergirl
Byung-hun Lee: as Storm Shadow
Sienna Miller: as Ana DeCobray/ Baroness
Rachel Nichols: as Shana O'Hara/ Scarlett
Ray Park: as Snake Eyes
Jonathan Pyrce: as U.S. President
Dennis Quaid: as General Hawk


1 comment: